Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Out Of My Window.

 I am going to tell you about the "Out of my window". Out of my window is the first major global poject of Highrise, a many-year, many-media collaborative documantery experiment at the National Film  Board of Cananda, directed by Katerina Cizek. If you want to visit it go to http://interactive.nfb.ca/#/outmywindow.

 Our class chose each person in the site and I chose Zanillya in Amsterdam. First, I will compare and contrast her life and mine, and then I will compare and contrast Amsterdam with Korea. Even if it is boring please understand. I tried my best.

 I will first start with her life. She makes music, writes poetry, and acts. Her dad was interested in arts and was a member of the band Boney M. Her dads music is disco. However, her mucis is more likely world music. She speaks five languages. Dutch, English, Papiamento, German, and Spanish. Her mother is a roma gypsy. She lives in Bijlmermeer, an ambitious housing experiment, that began in 1966. It was suppossed to be Europe's most completely functional satellite community. However, it failed. She moved there when she was 15. And she loved the place. The airport is near because her dad had to go to other countries bacause of  the band. The airport is 15 minutes away form her home. A plane once crashed to an apartment and killed many people. To be exact, In 1992 an Israeli cargo plane crashed into 2 highrises in Bijlmermeer, killing 43 people. Her dad believes in reliegion but not just one. He thinks that there is one god and everybody is just nameing the god diffrenetly.

 My life. I live in Korea(of course!) Goyang city. There are many highrises in there. There are more then 80 highrises around my house and it's mostly 15~20 stories high. My school is 10 minutes away by walking and my elementry school is 8 minutes by walking. My dad works at the Sejong university and my mom is just an ordinary mom. We lived in Miami Florida for 3~4 years and visited many other countries, such as Italia, Austria, England, and many other countries. (After the camp, I'm going to Germany!) Because of this, my brother like speaking in English and looks more like an American. I like making piano music with my brother, and making all kinds of stuffs with any materials. I can only speak two languages. Korean, English, and a little bit of Spanish.

 Compare and contrast
1. Zanillya can speak 5 languages, Dutch, English, Papiamento, German, Spanish. However. I can only speak two languages.
2. My place didn't had any plane incidents but her place had a terrible incident! 43 people dead!
 Same 
   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment